Workout of the Day
Eight sets of:
Shoulder Press @ 20X1
Set 1 – 5 Reps
Set 2 – 3 Reps
Set 3 – 3 Reps
Set 4 – 2 Reps
Set 5 – 2 Reps
Set 6 – 1 Rep
Set 7 – 1 Rep
Set 8 – 1 Rep
Rest 2 minutes between each set. Use time to mobilize lower body.
Four rounds for time of:
Double-Unders x 50 reps
Wall Ball Shots x 15 reps
Toes to Bar x 10 reps
Announcing the 2012 Paleo Partner Challenge!
It’s almost February, and no doubt we’ve had some New Year’s attempts at better eating and getting in shape come and go by the wayside. We are excited to push any stalled attempts to the next level with our Spring Challenge! There are a lot of details, so let’s get to it!
The Paleo Partner Challenge will run 7 weeks, from Saturday, February 11th to Saturday, March 24th. We all start with good intentions and we WANT to have results magically appear, but sadly, good intentions don’t really get us anywhere. In the end, we have to take ACTION, and so much of success can be taking the action necessary to create accountability and ongoing motivation so that we will do the work and make the CHANGES necessary to get the results we want. This is YOUR chance!
- $49 individual entrance fee
- Partners compete as a team
- Point Tracking System
- 3 points for each week you attend 3 or more classes
- Graded food log each week (Saturday-Friday due to coaches on Friday)
- 0-2 cheat meals in a week = 4 pts
- 3-4 cheat meals = 3 pts
- 5 cheat meals = 1 pt
- 6+ cheat meals = 0 pts
- Not turning in a food journal for a week will result in negative 5 pts
- Any team which consists of an athlete who is new to our gym for the challenge will get a bonus of 5 pts at the start!
- Put your money where your mouth is!
- Each participant will write a check out to Streetlight USA, a non-profit charitable organization working to eradicate the child sex trade in Phoenix.
- Coaches will hold each check until the end of the challenge, and any participant who fails to achieve a 3.33 GPA on their food logs will have their check sent to Streetlight.
- The size of your check will depend on the size of your commitment! All checks will be returned if you achieve your 3.33 GPA.
- In the event of a tie on points, the tie-breaker will be cumulative inches lost among the thigh, hip, waist, chest, shoulders, and upper arms of BOTH partners in a team. Whichever team has lost the most inches will win the tiebreaker.
- You may sign up a friend to be your partner from outside the gym! They must pay the $49 challenge fee, but may purchase a special 2 month unlimited pass to Cactus CrossFit for just $299, a 25% discount from our normal rates.
- Current athletes may also upgrade their membership from Bronze to Silver or Gold for the 2 months of the challenge according to our normal pricing schedule.
Grand Prize: Both athletes of the winning team will receive an Apple iPad2!
Second Place: Both athletes of the runner up team will receive 2 months unlimited Cactus CrossFit membership free!
Third Place: Both athletes will receive a used jump rope from Cactus CrossFit!
Many of our athletes have been clamoring for a Paleo Challenge, and I think this is a great one! I hope you are excited about the prizes, and, more importantly, the opportunity to show yourself how serious you are about locking down your nutrition! All the variables for success are within your control, so focus on WHAT you are doing, and the results will take care of themselves!
P.S. If you haven’t figured it out yet, those of you who are already in great shape would benefit in this challenge from bringing in a friend who doesn’t CrossFit yet, and is in not so great shape! Change his or her life, and help hold one another accountable to your goals!
Our Paleo Partner Kick Off will be at 8am on Saturday, February 11th where we will announce the teams, take measurements, discuss the Paleo lifestyle, answer any questions, and then hit a great workout at 9am!