Workout of the Day
Five sets of:
Back Squat @ 30X0 tempo
Rest 3-4 minutes after all sets above 75% of 1-RM
For the back squat, perform the following reps and percentages:
* Set 1 – 50% of possible 1-RM x 5 reps
* Set 2 – 75% of possible 1-RM x 3 reps
* Set 3 – 85% of possible 1-RM x 1 rep
* Set 4 – 90-95% of possible 1-RM x 1 rep
* Set 5 – Test 1-RM
* Set 6 (optional) – Exceed Set 5 weight
(Compare results to 4/06/12)
In teams of three, row as many meters as possible in 12 minutes:
Set the Concept 2 erg for 500 meter intervals with 20 seconds of rest between intervals, and switch partners every 500 meters.
Now, we were going to call this the July Challenge, but it takes a little longer than 3 weeks to train for, so we are calling it the ‘Next Challenge’.
- This challenge is for individuals. No partners, no teams
- The finals are Saturday, August 11th at 10am
- The challenge is KNOWN: Squat your Bodyweight for 50 reps as fast as possible
- Each week, we will have a workout that will help you train for this. This week, it’s Wednesday, 7/11.
- This challenge is Free.
- There will be two different classes, depending on how much you 1RM Back Squat today: If your 1RM is >1.5x BW, then you do the challenge rx’d. If your 1RM Back Squat is between 1 and 1.49x BW, then your challenge is 50 reps of 3/4BW for time. If your BW is <BW join the Power class at 5pm MTHF.
- Seriously, and with all due respect, if you don’t have a BW Back Squat, you should not do 50 reps of loaded squats. This challenge is for experienced lifters only.
- Thanks, hope you can be there with us!